Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Update to previous post: Republican flies and vanishing bears

OH MY GOD. One of my flies has escaped and tried to eat President Obama! I'm so sorry, Mr. President. I should never have gone back into that utility room. I should just have left my bike and my laundry and my trash where it was. Please don't order unmanned drone strikes on my little home, President Obama. I traveled all the way to Philadelphia to vote for you! I went all the way to London for your inauguration! I'm even a vice president in your vice president's fan club! Oh god! How did this happen?

But it's not entirely my fault, see, there's this elderly couple that comes by and bickers in my basement every now and then...

---

Also, another development since last I posted: one of the bears I photographed over in Easthampton the other day has been kidnapped!

The chrome bear in front of the Eastworks building named (I'm not making this up) "Bearly There" was stolen overnight on Saturday following the unveiling of several dozen public-art bears for Easthampton's "Bearfest 2009."



If anyone has seen this bear, perhaps sticking her little chrome paw into a pot of honey or lying in wait to snatch somebody's pickinic basket, please contact the Eastampton police immediately. The alternative is simply too unbearable to contemplate. (get it?)

Here's the full story:

No comments: