Friday, January 16, 2009

Save the Last Silly British Stick Dance for Me

There is (I hear) grave concern in some corners of this sceptred isle that the great British tradition of Morris Dancing is dying a rapid death, and there's even talk among its practitioners that in 20 years there'll be no one left in Britain who is capable of carrying on this glorious and not at all ridiculous piece of Britain's cultural heritage. To combat this problem, advocates of Morris Dancing are visiting schools and malls to try to encourage young people to take it up.

Apparently, they're having some difficulty convincing the little turds to give Morris Dancing a go. See if you can guess why.



As part of my ongoing effort to save Britain from itself, therefore, I hereby resolve that, should I ever move to London, the second thing I'll do, right after joining the P. G. Wodehouse Society (UK), is strap on a pair of knee-bells, grab the nearest stick, and join up with a group of Morris Dancers. Perhaps these guys. They look like fun.

1 comment:

pritchkate said...

Oh, but why wait? I think you should join this group when you get back to the Valley. Although I do also like this "moving to London" idea...